- Prolonged Anhepatic Phase after Liver Transplantation Failure Followed by ABO Incompatible Liver Transplantation
Prolonged Anhepatic Phase after Liver Transplantation Failure Followed by ABO Incompatible Liver Transplantation: A Case Report and Review of the Literature
Purpose and Significance of Study: This is a report of a multimodal therapeutic approach in a patient after a fulminant hepatic failure following orthotopic liver transplantation resulting from occlusion of the portal vein. It was followed by total hepatectomy and 23 hours of total liver dysfunction, including 10 hours of anhepatic phase, after which a second liver, from an ABO-Incompatible donor, was transplanted. The description also takes the relevant literature into consideration.
Fit with Scope of Journal: The manuscript is of very high interest for the Journal of Clinical and Medical Case Reports.
There are some minor errors (already corrected in the galley proof), which are listed below –
The common errors are –
· Omission of articles, e.g., “a” before “successful” in Conclusion in the Abstract, “the” before “recirculation” in the 1st sentence of the Introduction, and so on.
· Omission of “,”, e.g., after “failed” and “failure” in the 2nd sentence of Case report in the Abstract, after “therapy” in Conclusion in the Abstract, and so on.
· “Anhepatic”, “retransplantation”, and “recanalization” must be written without hyphen every time to maintain consistency.
The others are –
In the Title –
· “study” must be removed.
In the Abstract –
· In the last sentence, “of” after “outcome” must be replaced with “in”.
In the Introduction –
· In the 3rd sentence, “the” must be removed, and “properly” must instead be placed at the end of the sentence to maintain the normal tone.
· In the 4th sentence, “1 year” must be hyphenated.
· In the 7th sentence, “,” after 2010 must be removed, and “patient” must be replaced with “patients”.
In the Case presentation –
· In the last sentence, “complication” must be replaced with “complications”.
In the Discussion –
In the 1st paragraph –
· In the 6th sentence, “,” after “coagulation” must be removed.
· In the 9th sentence, “higher” must be replaced with “greater”.
In the 2nd paragraph –
· In the 2nd sentence, “portacaval” is misspelled.
In the 3rd paragraph –
· In the 4th sentence, “,” after “procedure” must be removed.
· In the 5th sentence, “antibody mediated” must be hyphenated.
· In the 9th sentence, “7 day” must be replaced with “7 days”.
Department of General Intensive Care, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Case Report and Review of the Literature
Received: Mon 11, May 2020
Accepted: Thu 28, May 2020
Published: Thu 04, Jun 2020
© 2023 Olivier Zerbib. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited. Hosting by Science Repository.