Science Repository is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of our websites (sciencerepository.org) that comprise Science Repository (collectively the “Site”). To inform you of our policy concerning user privacy, we have adopted the following guidelines. Please note that these guidelines are subject to change, and any such changes will be included on this page and shall become effective upon their posting on our website. Users will get any communication in such major change of policies that involves storing or retaining of any additional data. We operate globally and also registered in United States of America but we operate in compliance with (GDPR) European General Data Protection Regulation.
What data do we store?For users, we will store the following information:
• General Users: Full Name, Email and contact information
• Customers/Authors: The details that are mandatory for the operation of the journals, peer-review and publishing. That will include full name, current or past affiliation, email address and contact number.
Log files are also generated that will include your browser agent, IP address or more likely the IP of the internet service provider
How do we collect the details?Most of the data apart from the analytical data is provided by the user during the use of our Site. Below is the few list:
• Upon entering details in the contact form (https://www.sciencerepository.org/contact)
• Details filled in the manuscript submission portal (https://www.sciencerepository.org/submit-manuscript)
• On completion of the survey send via email after manuscript publishing
How we are planning to use the data?• To process the contact request filled by the user
• Processing of the manuscript, peer-review and complete processing of the order
What are your data protection rights?• We would like to make sure that all your rights regarding privacy and personal information are listed:
• Understanding how your data will be used, managed, secured and what is the utility.
• View your personal data and that we store.
• To be assured that you data is stored accurate and safely & can be removed when no longer needed.
• To revoke the consent that was given earlier.
•The personal information Science Repository collects will depend on how you are using the Science Repository Site. We may collect information certain non-personally identifiable information, such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider. In addition, we may collect personally identifiable information through correspondence you send to us. Unless you provide us with personally identifiable information, you remain anonymous to us other than by association with an Internet protocol address or other authentication mechanism.
• Science Repository does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission.
• Science Repository use the personal information collected in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was intended to be used to enable your use of the Site; to respond to your inquiries; for system administration, customer support, and troubleshooting purposes for targeted marketing and product service announcements for sending newsletters; to improve the design of the Site; to enable us to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use; and in aggregate form, to track and analyze site usage. Science Repository will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
Cookies and other technologies
We sometimes collect anonymous information from visits to our sites to help us provide better customer service.
• We keep track of the domains from which people visit and we also measure visitor activity on Science Repository web sites, but we do so in ways that keep the information anonymous.
• Science Repository may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better customer service. We maintain the highest levels of confidentiality for this information, our affiliates and vendors follow the same high levels of confidentiality. This anonymous information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns.
• If you do not want your transaction details used in this manner, you can either disable your cookies or opt-out at the download or request page.
None of this information is reviewed at an individual level.
Cookies Used On This Website
- Performance cookies
- Functionality cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Targeting or advertising cookies
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect.
- We control access so that only people who need to access the Personal Data can. All staff of Science Repository are provided security training and are required to adhere to a comprehensive set of security policies, procedures, and standards related to their jobs.
- All the Personal Data you provide us is stored in a secure computing environment protected by secure firewalls to prevent unauthorized access.
- When you use secure areas of the Website, Science Repository use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol with 256-bit RSA encryption. This means that all the information sent between your computer and our secure computer environment is encrypted or scrambled so that no one can read it in transit. Secure areas of the site have a time-out feature. If you leave your secure session inactive for some time, it times-out to prevent unauthorized access
Science Repository may, if you so choose, send direct mailers to you at the address given by you. You have the option to 'opt-out' of this direct mailer by way of links provided at the bottom of each mailer. We respect your privacy and in the event that you choose to not receive such mailers, we will take all steps to remove you from the list.
Science Repository recognizes the receipt, transmission or distribution of spam emails (unsolicited bulk emails) as a major concern and has taken reasonable measures, to minimize the transmission and effect of spam emails in its computing environment. All emails received by Science Repository, are subject to spam check. Any email identified as spam will be rejected with sufficient information to the Sender for taking necessary action. However, emails are sent only to the individual who has communicated with us but we do have option for unubscribe by sending us an email for unsubscribing.
Changes to Policy