Evaluation of Anticancer Activities of Clerodendrum formicarum Gurke (Lamiaceae) and Syzygium Cordatum Hochst ex Krauss (Myrtaceae) Harvested in the City of Lubumbashi and its Surroundings in the Democratic Republic Of The Congo
Purpose and Significance of Study: This study is an attempt to evaluate the anticancer activities of Clerodendrum formicarum Gurke (Lamiaceae) and Syzygium cordatum Hochst ex Krauss (Myrtaceae) harvested in the City of Lubumbashi and its surroundings in the DRC. The results highlight the hidden potential of the still unexplored Congolese flora with respect to science and medicine.
Fit with Scope of Journal: The manuscript is of very high interest for the journal Clinical Microbiology and Research.
o The manuscript is well-written. The errors are already corrected in the galley proof. A major error was –
· Out of the 3 tables, only the first was correctly numbered. Also, the last table was not mentioned in the text.
A few minor errors are listed below –
In the Title –
· The abbreviation “(DRC)” is unnecessary, so it must be removed.
In the Abstract –
· In the 4th sentence, “inhibited also” must be replaced with “also inhibited”.
In the Introduction –
In the 1st paragraph –
· In the 3rd sentence, “,” after “diverse” must be replaced with “;”.
In the 4th paragraph –
· In the 3rd sentence, “,” must be inserted after “it is” and “therefore”.
In the Experimental procedures –
Under Extraction of essential oils –
· In the 1st sentence, “hydro distillation” must be written as a single word.
Under GC/MS analysis of essentials oils –
· In the 7th sentence, “,” must be inserted after “50℃” and “1 minute”, and “hold” before “for 5 minutes” must be replaced with “held”.
· In the 8th sentence, “of the method” must be replaced with “taken for the process”.
· In the last sentence, “the” must be inserted before “NIST”.
For Figure 1 legend –
· “cells” must be replaced with “cell”. This is also applicable for the 1st sentence after the figure.
In the Conclusion –
· In the 2nd sentence, “,” after “why” must be removed, and “mode” must be replaced with “modes”.
· In the 4th sentence, “,” must be removed.
· In the 5th sentence, “amounts of” must be inserted after “huge”, and “under exploited” must be written as a single word.
· In the 6th sentence, “to” after “offers” must be removed.
Topwe Milongwe Mwene-Mbeja
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Lubumbashi, Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Received: Mon 06, Apr 2020
Accepted: Tue 21, Apr 2020
Published: Mon 29, Jun 2020
© 2021 Topwe Milongwe Mwene-Mbeja. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited. Hosting by Science Repository. All rights reserved.